Strongman/Girl Training – The Ultimate Fat Loss Workout
A group training class but it ain’t no regular boot camp!
Our Strongman/Girl Training utilises a group of certain exercises that is not only amazing for fat loss but also develops strength, power, fitness and athleticism. It’s brutally hard but anyone can do it and it’s awesome fun. Basically, it combines the results of personal training with the affordability of a group class.
I’ve always said that I’d never do a traditional boot camp or group training class because to me they don’t give the killer results that I require for my clients. They seem to be more about just running people around and puffing them out rather than developing any strength, muscle and athleticism (nothing against those that do them, but it’s just not my cup of tea!).
With strongman classes, the method is good enough to do in a group setting and still produce the great results and body transformations that are expected.
Some of the exercises we will be doing in Strongman/Girl Training include:
- Sled pushes, pulls and sprints
- Weighted carries and farmer’s walks
- Hitting a tyre with a sledgehammer and tyre flips
- Exercises with sandbags
- Battling ropes
- Plus plenty of squats, deadlifts, pressing and pulling
How it works
The classes are designed with the goal of dropping as much body fat as possible. This is done through the nature of the exercises as they require all the largest muscles to work very hard for a good period of time. This causes your heart rate and lactic acid levels to skyrocket.
This combination not only expends tons of calories during the session but fatigues your muscles just like in a hard weight training session. You get a surge in growth hormone levels which elevates fat burning for 8-20 hours after the session.
By using weights that are challenging to you, muscle mass is also developed. Don’t be afraid girls this is a good thing! The more muscle you have, the better your metabolism is. Also due to the unique and awkward nature of the exercises and equipment used, it is a killer core workout. Try running and lunging with a sandbag, hitting a tyre with a sledgehammer, or picking up a heavy drop ball without feeling your core work!
Benefits of Strongman/Girl Training over regular group or bootcamp classes:
- It helps you lose fat faster
- It develops your muscles, strength and athleticism
- Get a better workout and guidance as we have a maximum of 1 trainer per 8 people
- It’s fun and different to regular group training
- It gives you a killer core workout without ever doing a sit-up
- After a few sessions, you will always be trying to carry all the shopping bags in one go
Details of our Strongman/Girl Training classes:
- Classes are held at 9am Saturdays at the Cosnett Training Systems Gym, located at 15 Hi-Tech Place, Seaford.
- Cost is $10 for current PT clients and $20 for non-clients.
- Just rock up on the day ready for a killer session!
- If you have any questions, please email at [email protected] or call 0411 790 532.